At Serco, we strive to promote and enable the diversity, development, wellbeing and safety of our people. We understand that healthier, happier employees go hand-in-hand with strong business performance, enhanced productivity and better outcomes for those we serve. We want everybody who works for Serco to have a positive experience and access to opportunities to develop in their chosen careers.
The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the European Commission's science and knowledge service which employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support to EU policy. As subcontractor, Serco Italia S.p.A. is currently looking for a Junior Data Analyst (Python/Pandas) to join our great team in Ispra (VA)!
Does working in a Serco environment sound appealing to you?
We would love to hear from you and your interest in this new job opportunity!
Does this vacancy not suit your profile? Not to worry, you can send your updated CV to email@example.com – a member of our Recruitment Team will come back to you shortly after.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Junior Data Analyst (Python/Pandas) you will be responsible for:
- Interacting with scientific staff for data collection, organization and understanding of any necessary data transformations
- Harmonizing the data into a predefined structure and creating mapping tables to enable links between various data sources
- Populating and updating a database, informing other team members of the status regularly with a schedule to be defined
- Documentation of indicators
- Automating data conversion to various formats such as json and csv
- Interaction with K4P developers to ensure smooth data and metadata handling
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Italy and around the world.Successful Candidate
- Ability to interpret, analyse and structure data with the help of programming languages
- Ability to develop and maintain databases related to the project and to integrate data access solutions.
- High attention to detail
- Scientific curiosity
- Good writing and presentation skills in English.
- Capacity to work in an international/multicultural environment within a team and rapid self-starting.
- Capability and willingness to explore and learn new/additional methods/tools/software to address specific needs.
The following expertise is mandatory:
- Python, in particular the pandas library
- Relational database systems (specifically PostgreSQL)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, especially Git
- An understanding of REST APIs
- Knowledge in developing on Container Platform infrastructure like Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly
The following expertise would be an asset:
- Experience designing and developing microservices using (java/Spring; Node.js; python)
- Knowledge in developing within agile methodology using CI/CD pipeline, git/gitlab
- Knowledge of data visualization software and tools
- Knowledge of scientific programming tools, e.g., Jupyter Notebook
- Web scraping and metadata collection
- Knowledge of the Django framework
- Extract, transform, load (ETL) procedures
- PostGIS, GeoJSON or other geospatial data management
Ideally between 1 and 4 years of experience
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.About The Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.Package Description
Joining Serco Italy’s amazing team offers:
- Competitive Salary
- Great career opportunities in the Space industry
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
- International environment