Digital Manufacturing Data & Analytics Lead
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At Philip Morris International (PMI), we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Digital Manufacturing Data & Analytics Lead, you will be part of Global Digital Manufacturing department for Philip Morris International and will be reporting to the Manager, Digital Manufacturing Data & Analytics. The position is based in Bologna (Italy).
Your key responsibility will be to lead and own strategy, vision and management of manufacturing data analytics products in order to support manufacturing loss elimination journey and to meet the technical and business needs and objectives including safety, quality, and efficiency goals by driving change management and adoption of data analytics solutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Product roadmap & vision of data analytics products!
- Anticipate and forecast business needs for the data analytics products under his/her responsibilities
- Lead customers and partners expectations for data analytics products. Communicate effectively with partners (Global Process Owners, SME, …) to validate business requirements and define data analytics acceptance criteria’s
- Steer products’ teams to build, improve and lead data analytics manufacturing products, capabilities and services
- Lead business case content and delivery
- Manage budget of data analytics products under your responsibilities
- Owns End-to-End lifecycle of Data Analytics Manufacturing Products
- Manage data analytics’ product backlog
- Data Management: Support the definition of the relevant business terms and data definitions, data lifecycle and retention requirements for Manufacturing
- Works closely with the Enterprise Analytics and Data (EAD) team to establish the data model and definitions
- Support data model and definitions standardization across functional business processes and digital solutions
- Data Quality, Synchronization, Improvement & Compliance
- Master degree in Engineering /Computer science or equivalent experience
- Big Data Analytics certification or equivalent experience
- OPEN+ DIGI Pillar
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (preferred)
- Agile certification (preferred)
- PBO/ Project/Program Management certification (preferred)
Requirements & Skills:
- Strong experience in Manufacturing environment and in deploying data analytics solutions!
- Very good experience/knowledge in data analytics tools (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive, and Digital Twin) and/or machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques in manufacturing environment
- Good Manufacturing Processes Knowledge
- Change management experience (Change Agent level)
- Good understanding of the manufacturing digital transformation trends
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Cyber security / information security knowledge (preferred)
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence (preferred)
- Data scientist experience preferred
- Phyton or other machine learning programming languages (preferred)
- Knowledge of PMI Manufacturing Data Analytics Systems (SPA/PPA, OI Analytics OptimistiK, ..) (preferred)
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna (PM MTB)
PM MTB is Philip Morris International’s Center of excellence, worldwide recognized for prototyping, mass-volume production and employees’ training on smoke-free products. PM MTB employs more than 1000 employees and its production site of Crespellano is one of the most advanced manufacturing venues in Italy for technology innovation, competencies development and talent recognition. In 2021, Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna has been awarded as Top Employer for the eighth year in a row. In the same year, was also granted the Equal Salary Certification certificate by the homonymous foundation to certify that men and women are paid equally for equivalent work.
For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
-  Reduced-risk products ("RRPs") is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization.